Table of Contents
Adjust your camera, microphone, and more to get the settings you need.
Change/Check your speakers and microphone for Google Meet #
Tip: Using mismatched microphone and external speaker devices may cause echo. It is recommended to use a headset for best audio.
On the web #
- On your computer, choose an option:
- Before a meeting, go to Meet.
- After a meeting starts, click More .
- Click Settings .
- Click Audiothe setting you want to change:
- (Optional) To test your speakers, click Test.
- Click Done.
Allow Google Chrome to access your camera #
On computers using Chrome, you must allow the browser to access your camera.
chrome://settings/content/camerain the Chrome address bar.
- Disable the setting “Ask before accessing.”
- Under “Allow,” delete https://meet.google.com:443 if present.
- Refresh the Google Meet page and grant camera access when prompted.
- Check that your computer’s camera is connected, turned on, and pointing towards you unobstructed.
- Check if your camera functions in other apps, like FaceTime in MacOS or the Camera app in Windows 10.
- Close any other application that might be using the camera, then reload Google Meet.
- Restart your computer or your Google Chrome browser.